Saturday, November 9, 2013
Friday, November 8, 2013
Green Giant knows it takes a lot more to raise a healthy child then just getting them to eat their vegetables. Kids these days live in a world that is bigger and scarier than the world we grew up in, and they need help and encouragement to navigate that world with confidence and pride.
Unfortunately one of the hardest things kids have to deal with is bullying. When a child is bullied by a peer it can turn his or her life into a daily gauntlet of fear and anxiety.
What Does it Mean To Be A Giant?
~~Being a giant isn't about being the biggest or the best. Being a giant means standing up for others. It means lending a hand to those who are in trouble and speaking up for those who sometimes find it hard to speak up for themselves.
~~Studies show that an effective way to stop bullying is for kids to simply speak up and say, “That’s not okay” when they see bullying happening.
~~But asking kids to have the courage to stand up to bullying is a tall order and that’s why they need our help.
How Do You Raise A Giant?
~~We’re asking parents to write a letter to their kids telling them how special they are and encouraging them to be part of the bullying prevention solution by being a giant.
~~To get started parents can visit RaiseAGaint.com and read the letters others have written.
PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center
- Green Giant is partnering with PACER’s National Bullying Prevention Center to develop The We Will Generation, an in-school student-to-student curriculum helping students understand how they can handle bullying.
- This partnership enables us to help those impacted directly by bullying – students.
- Green Giant is one of the title sponsors for We Day Minnesota – a stadium sized event to celebrate students who are making an impact either locally or globally.
- By sponsoring We Day, Green Giant is able to provide tips on how to handle bullying with those impacted most – students.
The winner will be picked on 11/11/13 and will then have 24hrs to send me there mailing info.
“Disclosure: The information and prize pack have been provided by Green Giant® through MyBlogSpark.”. *****Ipdate
Winner has been chosen, thank you for all your entry's!
Friday, November 1, 2013
Monday, October 14, 2013
If your house is like mine, then everyone has allergy from the adults to the kids and yes even my fur baby! I would be so lost with out our Claritin!
1. Be sure to have Children’s Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, on hand!
2. Multi-vitamins are building blocks to having a strong immune system. Make taking a multi-vitamin part of your child’s daily routine.
3. Let there be light! Mold doesn't like sunlight, so try to keep your curtains open during the day. Should be easy during the summer months!
4. Did you know that most pillows trap allergens, dust mites, and bacteria? Monitor the cleanliness of the pillow your child with allergies sleeps on and replace if necessary.
5. Back to school season means lots of laundry for many moms. Be sure to remove laundry from the washing machine promptly. Allowing wet clothes to sit in the washer means mold can quickly grow there.
6. Monitor pollen counts and adjust outdoor before and after school activities accordingly. Dry, windy days can be particularly high in pollen.
7. Showering or bathing at the end of the day as opposed to the morning can be helpful in removing allergens from body surfaces and hair.
8. Stay hydrated! Always send your child to school with a bottle of water. Drinking lots of clear fluids through the day can help get rid of toxins and flush out body.
9. Peak pollen production typically occurs in early morning, so try to plan outside activities at other times of the day.
If there is something I left out or you have your own secret tips then please share with me!
Disclosure:"As a member of the Children’s Claritin Mom Crew, I receive product samples and promotional items to share and use as I see fit. No monetary compensation has taken place and any opinions expressed by me are honest and reflect my actual experience."
Wednesday, October 2, 2013
Kids should have time to play -- at home and at school. We know that creative play can make kids happy and healthy, but some kids aren't getting enough of it. That's why the makers of Children's Claritin are teaming up with the national nonprofit KaBOOM! to help bring innovative play spaces to schools in need. As a member of the Children's Claritin Mom Crew, we want you to be among the first to hear about this exciting program.
Children's Claritin and KaBOOM! are helping bring play to kids in need by offering 12 national schools the chance to win Imagination Playground™ equipment. These mobile play sets are comprised of oversized foam blocks that can be assembled inside or outside, giving children of all abilities the opportunity to foster creativity and critical-thinking skills.
Your vote can make a difference! Join Children's Claritin, the #1 pediatrician-recommended non-drowsy allergy brand, and KaBOOM! to help select 4 schools to receive Imagination Playground™ equipment. You can visit http://Facebook.com/Claritin between 8/1-10/31 to cast your vote for one of twelve finalist schools. The four schools with the most votes will win Imagination Playground™ equipment for their students.
Help bring these schools to the finish line!
1. Chicago, IL – Hanson Park Elementary
2. Cincinnati, OH – Pleasant Ridge Montessori School
3. Joplin, MO - McKinley Elementary
4. North Salem, NY – Westchester Exceptional Children’s School
5. Union Town, PA – Menallen Elementary School
6. Washington, DC – Sela Public Charter School
7. New Orleans, LA – Audubon Charter School
8. Spartanburg, SC – Spartanburg Charter School
9. Willis, TX – Parmley Elementary Annex
10. Vail, AZ – Sycamore Enrichment Center
11. Santa Cruz, CA – Live Oak Elementary
12. Spokane Valley, WA – St. John Vianney
Tuesday, September 24, 2013
This will be continued
Monday, September 23, 2013
Friday, June 21, 2013
- If you're buying this oil yourself, look for the API Starburst or Donut on the label.
- If an oil change location is installing the oil for you, make sure you know what that shop is actually pouring into your car. A good deal on an oil change is only good when the oil's API licensed and meets the recommendations for your car or truck's engine.
- MOM's goal is to make sure cars and trucks get the oil they need.
- MOM does this by reminding car and truck owners about the benefits of pouring quality motor oils and calling on the carpet those who are pouring lower quality oils.
- Enter for a chance to be one of 25 lucky winners to win a $100 Visa gift card for your summer road trip needs.
- It's easy to enter: just drive over to the Motor Oil Matters Facebook page, give the thumbs up by clicking "Like", and head to the "Rev Up Your Road Trip" tab. Ready, set, GO!
"Disclosure- this information was provided by Motor Oil Matters"
Thursday, June 20, 2013
Looking to take yourcelebration from ordinary to extraordinary? Make Suddenly Salad® your specialty!
Saturday, June 15, 2013
Friday, June 14, 2013
Our pantry and cupboards were so nasty I don't know how anyone even put food or dishes in them! It took me two weeks, a lot of bleach and finally two coats of paint in them before I finally put stuff in them and was able to eat here.
As for the room with the massive amount of wallpaper-
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Wednesday, June 12, 2013
Now you can enjoy the delicious taste of Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme in a breakfast cereal from Big G.
With an irresistible taste the whole family will love from a brand you trust, new Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme cereal is made from 100% whole grains with at least 14g of whole grain per serving (at least 48g recommended daily). Best of all, Hershey’s Cookies ‘n’ Creme cereal has only 9 grams of sugar per serving and is a good source of Calcium, Vitamin D, and 10 other essential vitamins and minerals.
$1.10 off one box of Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme cereal
$1.10 off one box of Hershey's Cookies 'n' Creme cereal
Monday, June 3, 2013
Well my baby turned 11! I can't believe how fast my kids are growing up! It always sounded so dumb when people would tell me watch out they grow up so fast, but now I know what they mean. The time just fly's by! Well Ryan decided to have a party at John's incredible pizza which was fine with me because I always have so much fun at that place! Well this post wouldn't be complete with out pictures. Y'all know how I love to post pictures!
We love you Ryan!!
Monday, May 6, 2013
When we moved in to our new house we noticed the previous people must of had a major ant problem being there were ant trap things everywhere and dead ants in some places that they didn't even bother to clean up. So one of the first things I did was spray the crap out of this house for any and all bugs. Well I keep finding stragglers every so often but what has been pissing me off is every single night since we've been here I wake up to one on me which is just nasty! So I keep seeing how people say cinnamon works best to keep them away so last night I put it all around me in my bed, on my night stand and on my head board. Well today when my daughter and husband noticed I think they thought I was crazy, but you know what I didn't wake up to any ants on me last night.
Sunday, April 28, 2013
I wasn't sure if I should post this or not because some people may not look at the whole picture before judging us.
Well I am married to my stepbrother, which some people think is disturbing. Well you see I met him the month after I turned 13 when our parents first started dating. We moved in with his dad a year later and my husband moved out soon after that. At that time he had a girlfriend and I didn't think of him in a relationship kinda way. Well I didn't see much of him after he moved because he lived out of state with his girlfriend. Well I turned 18 and about 5-1/2 months after that he was able to get transfered to California and move back home. It wasn't long after that we realized that we really wanted to be together and after dating less then a month we ran off to Vegas one day when he got off work and here we are 15 years later still happily married to the love of my life.
Now I know some people look at our situation as we are family but we weren't raised together! Some people think we were to young or moved to fast but after being married for 15 years I really don't care what people think.
Now the point of this back story is because I had always wondered if my kids would ever talk about family trees in school, because I remember as a kid having to draw one. Well Alyssa came home the other day and was a bit confused as how to make one. " she doesn't know my husband's mom being she passed away when he was 16 and she never really knew my dad" I think her teacher might of been a bit confused when he was helping her so he had her bring it home for help from us and all i could do was laugh. Well also told her to make it a crooked tree!
Monday, April 22, 2013
To celebrate their 110th birthday, the 8 original crayons are throwing a birthday bash at the new fun-omenal Crayola Experience, the world's only interactive Crayola family attraction. Right now, they're out on a colorful adventure to spread the news, and you're invited to join the fun!
How can you join in on the fun? You can FOLLOW the crayons on their adventure, LEARN more about each color and enter to WIN a trip for 4 to celebrate their birthday and the Grand Opening of the all new Crayola Experience this coming May, 2013!
Visit the Crayola Facebook page and click "enter now" for your chance to be first in love when the Crayola Experience reopens.
The new Crayola Experience features four floors of new interactive exhibits and one-of-a-kind attractions that will bring the magic of color and your child's creativity to life! The winner will be among the first to experience the fun, along with a three- night, all-expenses paid stay. It's an experience your kids will never forget - and neither will you!
Crayola has always been a hit with my family! As a kid I remember being excited every time I got a new box of them, and it was always a treat when we got the big boxes of them. Now that I have kids of my own we enjoy being able to color with them. Crayola has so many other neat things that has kept my kids busy for hours. It may sound funny but I love the smell of crayons, it brings back many childhood memories!
"discloser-Crayola provided me with this information!"
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
After 15 years of being married, 3 kids and 12 moves we finally gave in and we bought a house! We got the keys late Friday night and moved all the big stuff in over the weekend.
This house is so dirty, I can't believe people with 4 little kids under 5 can live that way. I had 3 kids all 14 months apart so I know how hard it is to keep stuff clean but what I'm talking about is dead spiders and bugs in every single window seal, cob webs from top to bottom. The bathrooms are nasty! One of the kids bedrooms has wall paper from top to bottom. Three different wall papers and it has been a pain in the butt to take off so far. I will post pictures of all the stuff we will be doing to this house as we go. For now I will leave you with a picture of the room with all the wall paper.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
I hope y'all had a wonderful Easter! We spent Easter at our parents house with other family and friends. The weather was perfect, which was a nice change being that since we have lived here it has always been rainy and gloomy outside. We had a barbeque with lots of good food and the kids all had a good time playing outside and looking for eggs. Funny thing is our parents are still finding eggs that the kids didn't find.